Poetry Open Mic Night ft. Christina Kemp
Tonight's Open Mic will feature a performance by Christina Kemp, author of the poetic memoir Across the Distance: Reflections on Loving and Where We Did & Did Not Find Each Other!
Christina A. Kemp grew up in the Pacific Northwest and is the author of the memoir Across the Distance: Reflections of Loving and Where We Did & Did Not Find Each Other (Sidekick Press, 2022). She has a Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology, and is a poet and teacher who has taught in the field of psychology. Her work has been featured in the anthology True Stories: The Narrative Project, Vol. III and Last Leaves Magazine. She lives on Bainbridge Island, Washington.
Join us for a fun evening of open mic poetry! We invite you to bring your own works and perform them in front of a supportive crowd. There's no better place to find your voice and share it with the world!
The sign-up list opens at 6:30 pm in the upstairs cafe and the mic opens at 7:00pm.
- Seating is first come, first served!
- Each open mic slot gets you about 3-5 minutes of stage time.
- No need to memorize your work - just be comfortable and have fun!
- If you read someone else’s work, give credit where due.
- Above all, show kindness to all. No hate speech, slurs, or sexually explicit language.
Got a question? Shoot us an e-mail!
Sunday, October 2, 2022 - 7:00pm to 9:00pm
338 Newbury Street
Boston, MA 02115
Availability: On Our Shelves Now
Published: Sidekick Press - February 18th, 2022