338 Newbury Street Boston, MA 02115 Open 8am-midnight, 7 days a week 617-267-8688 Get our Newsletter!
HUB Theatre of Boston Play Reading: MR. MARMALADE
The HUB will be reading: Mr. Marmalade by Noah Haidle, directed by Allison Davis
With friends like Mr. Marmalade, who needs enemies! He is abusive, drinks too much, gets high on cocaine, and is never around when you need him. Still, Mr. Marmalade is the most important person in four-year-old Lucy's life -- even if he's only imaginary! This outrageously zany dark comedy reminds us that sometimes being four is just as hard as being fifty-four!
NO TICKETS REEQUIRED, in lieu of admission we will be collected new and gently loved children's books and toys for local charities.
The HUB's Mission
1. To cultivate a diverse audience that spans all ages, cultures, races, and socioeconomic levels through Pay-What-You-Can ticketing.
2. To produce entertaining, imaginative, literate, socially aware, emotionally engaging theatre in intimate settings. We believe that an audience can have as equally transportive, moving, and memorable a theatrical experience in a black box theatre with a small cast and small budget as they would in larger equity theatres.
3. To foster the development of emerging and mid-career theatre artists - actors, directors, designers and playwrights - and encourage them to stay in Boston.
4. To provide opportunity for theatre artists of all ethnicities, genders, gender identities, ages and body types.
5. To cultivate an ensemble of the Boston area's best theatre artists.
6. To collaborate with business leaders, performing arts patrons, and local government to spearhead the development of affordable rehearsal and performance spaces for Boston's emerging theatre companies.