Amma Tell Me about Holi! (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Amma Tell Me series.
- #2: Amma, Tell Me about Diwali! (Amma Tell Me #2) (Paperback): $14.50
- #3: Amma, Tell Me about Ramayana! (Amma Tell Me #3) (Paperback): $17.40
- #4: Amma Tell Me about Krishna!: Part 1 in the Krishna Trilogy (Paperback): $17.40
- #5: Amma Tell Me How Krishna Fought the Demons!: Part 2 in the Krishna Trilogy (Paperback): Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call for price
- #6: Amma Tell Me How Krishna Defeated Kansa!: Part 3 in the Krishna Trilogy! (Paperback): Email email@example.com or call for price
- #7: Amma, Tell Me about Ganesha! (Amma Tell Me #7) (Paperback): $17.40
- #8: Amma, Tell Me about Hanuman!: Part 1 in the Hanuman Trilogy (Amma Tell Me #8) (Paperback): $17.40
- #9: Amma Tell Me How Hanuman Crossed the Ocean!: Part 2 in the Hanuman Trilogy! (Paperback): $17.40
- #10: Amma Tell Me about Hanuman's Adventures in Lanka!: Part 3 in the Hanuman Trilogy (Paperback): $17.40
- #11: Amma Tell Me about Durga Puja! (Paperback): $17.40
- #12: Amma Tell Me about Raksha Bandhan! (Large Print / Paperback): $17.40
Come let's hear the magical story,
Of Holi in all its vibrant glory
As told to Klaka, an eager little boy,
By his Amma, with dollops of joy.
First, a tale of colors and childhood fun:
Naughty Krishna and Radha, his loved one.
Next, an evil king who thought he was God,
His son Prahlad refused to accept the fraud.
He threatened his own son, who did not think him divine.
But against the evil king, faith and miracles did align.
A story of faith, devotion and love.
Passed down to children, from generations above...
Amme Tell Me is a charming and informative series of children's books that introduces the major Hindu festivals and figures to young readers, and are perfect for families wanting to share stories of Hinduism with their children or for educators looking for resource on the Hindu culture for their students. Written in rhyme with vivid, captivating illustrations, this series brings Hindu mythology to its readers in a fun and non-preachy way. The Series has ten books on the festivals of Holi, Diwali, and on the Hindu gods Krishna, Hanuman and Ganesha.
About the Author
Bhakti Mathur, private banker by day, mother to Shiv and Veer (seven and five years old) and an avid delver in Indian mythology at all other times is the creator of the 'Amma Tell Me' books--a series of picture books about Indian festivals and mythology for children in the three to nine year age group. She wrote and self-published her first book, "Amma Tell Me About Holi!" in 2011 and over the next 3 years, the series has grown with books on the festival of Diwali, the Hindu epic Ramayana and stories about the Hindu gods, Krishna, Ganesha and Hanuman."The real motivation for writing the 'Amma Tell Me' series was to share with my sons the fascinating stories from Indian mythology that I had grown up with," says Bhakti. "But, I found that there were no resources that were simple to understand and that captured the rich imagery of mythological India that is such an integral part of these stories for me. So I went ahead and started writing the stories in a style that I think kids find fun and non-preachy and collaborated on the illustrations to bring out the imagery that I want my stories to convey."Bhakti grew-up in Delhi. She studied at Modern School Vasant Vihar. She obtained her graduate degree in Economics and her post graduate degree in Finance from Delhi University. She is a CFA charter holder. She currently works for a major Swiss Bank and lives in Hong Kong with her husband, their two sons and their two dogs.Bhakti is a committed writer ambassador for Room to Read, a global non-profit which offers holistic literacy and girls' education programs.An avid reader, a long-distance runner and a yoga enthusiast, when not working or running after her boys, she is happiest curled up with a book in her hand and a hot cup of chai.