The Affordable Keto Diet Cookbook (Hardcover)
(This book cannot be returned.)
Here's the bottom line on what you need to do, ordered in levels of importance:
1. Restrict your carbohydrates. Most people tend to only focus only on net carbs. If you want great results, limit both. Try to stay below 20g net carbs and below 35g total carbs per day.
2. Restrict your protein intake. Many people come over to keto from an Atkins diet and don't limit their protein. Too much protein can lead to lower levels of ketosis.
3. Stop worrying about fat. Fat is the primary source of energy on keto - so make sure you're feeding your body enough of it. You do not lose weight on keto through starvation.
4. Drink water. Try to drink a gallon of water a day. Make sure that you're hydrating and staying consistent with the amount of water you drink. It not only helps regulate many vital bodily functions, but it also helps control hunger levels.
5. Stop snacking. Weight loss tends to do better when you have fewer insulin spikes during the day. Unnecessary snacking may lead to stalls or slow in progress.
6. Start fasting. Fasting can be a great tool to boost ketone levels consistently throughout the day.
7. Add exercise in. It's a known fact that exercise is healthy. If you want to get the most out of your ketogenic diet, consider adding in 20-30 minutes of exercise a day. Even just a small walk can help regulate weight loss and blood sugar levels.
8. Start supplementing. Although not usually needed, supplementing can help with a ketogenic diet.