Maayong Buntag!: An Introduction to the Visayan Language of the Philippines (Paperback)
Maayong Buntag (Good Morning ) is an easy-to-use guide to the Visayan language (also known as Cebuano) - the language for millions of people of the central and southern Philippines, including the islands of Cebu, Bohol, Leyte, Negros, Panay, Samar, and Mindanao.
Included is a wealth of information on:
- everyday life in the Philippines
- essential words and phrases (including a bonus section of Tagalog phrases for travelers)
- basics of Visayan grammar
- foods ranging from traditional favorites to popular street foods
- nature and environment
- health and medical terms
- numerous illustrations
- extensive glossaries of over 2,500 words for both English to Visayan and Visayan to English translations.