Linux for beginners: A step-by-step guide to learn architecture, installation, configuration, basic functions, command line and all the ess (Hardcover)
(This book cannot be returned.)
Would you like to master the Linux operating system but you don't know where to start?
Linux is an operating system, which is pretty much different from any other one.
Advantages of using Linux:
- Free to use
- Open source - Anyone capable of coding can contribute, modify, enhance, and distribute the code to anyone and for any purpose.
- Security - Linux is more secure in comparison to other operating systems such as Windows.
- Revive older computers - Linux helps you to use or utilize your old and outdated computer systems.
- Software updates - The software updates are much faster and easier to run than updates in any other operating system.
- Customization - You can customize any feature, add or delete any element according to your need as it is an open-source operating system.
- Distributions - There are many distributions available that can provide various choices or flavors to the users: Fedora, Ubuntu, Arch Linux, Debian, Linux Mint, and many more.
- Community support - There are a lot of dedicated programmers there to help you out whenever and wherever possible.
- Stability - Linux system rarely slows down or freezes, and you don't need to reboot your system after installing or uninstalling an application or updating your software.
- Performance - Linux provides high performance on various networks and workstations.
- Privacy - Linux ensures the privacy of the user's data as it never collects much data from the user.
- And many more
Here is a preview of what you will learn:
- How to get started with Linux
- The architecture of Linux
- Linux distributions, what they are, and how to use them
- The most common basic Linux commands
- Manipulating files and directories
- Advanced working with files
- Overview of processes
- The Linux processes
- And much more
By the end of the book, you will have learned all the important and fundamental concepts of Linux and you will be able to use Linux effectively.