The Farmstand Favorites Cookbook: Over 300 Recipes Celebrating Local, Farm-Fresh Food (Paperback)
Email email@example.com or call for price
Special Order - Email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability
Other Books in Series
This is book number 10 in the Farmstand Favorites series.
- #1: Pumpkins: Farmstand Favorites: Over 75 Farm-Fresh Recipes (Paperback): Email email@example.com or call for price
- #4: Berries: Farmstand Favorites: Over 75 Farm-Fresh Recipes (Paperback): Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call for price
- #5: Cheese & Dairy: Farmstand Favorites: Over 75 Farm Fresh Recipes (Paperback): Email email@example.com or call for price
- #6: Garlic: Farmstand Favorites: Over 75 Farm-Fresh Recipes (Paperback): Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call for price
- #7: Honey: Farmstand Favorites: Over 75 Farm-Fresh Recipes (Paperback): Email email@example.com or call for price
- #8: Tomatoes: Farmstand Favorites: Over 75 Farm Fresh Recipes (Paperback): Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call for price
- #9: The Complete Home Guide to Canning & Preserving: Farmstand Favorites: Includes Over 75 Easy Recipes for Jams, Jellies, Pickles, Sauces, and More (Paperback): $7.95
The Farmstand Favorites Cookbook highlights the wide range of fruits, vegetables, and other goods available from local farmers markets. With over 300 easy-to-prepare recipes featuring local produce such as apples, pumpkins, berries, tomatoes, garlic, honey, maple syrup, cheese and other dairy products, this book is the ultimate source for the freshest recipes to pair with fresh food.
Featuring tasty and stress-free recipes, including a few all-American favorites, such as:
• Broiled Sirloin with Spicy Mustard and Apple Chutney
• Strawberry-Blueberry Muffins
• Braised Chicken with Apples and Tarragon
• Spiced Egg Nog French Toast
• Cheesy Fiesta Soup
• Roast Turkey with Honey Cranberry Relish
• Hot Maple Apple Cider
• Pumpkin Curry Soup
• Blackberry Pudding
• Honey Walnut Pumpkin Pie
• Quinoa and Pumpkin Seed Salad
• Spicy Maple Chicken Wings
• Maple Nut Fudge
• Cheesy Mexican Casserole
The Farmstand Favorites Cookbook shows how you can reap the benefits of locally-grown foods that provide healthful nutrients for your family, as well as a connection to the earth and your community.
More than ever, we strive for a better understanding of where our food comes from, and for many of us this means shopping at a farmers market or farmstand. By supporting your local farmers and producers, you are also supporting a livelihood which is vital for a healthy, sustainable future. The Farmstand Favorites Cookbook is your guide.
About the Author
Avis Gold Richards is the founder and CEO of Birds Nest Foundation™, a nonprofit creative group that produces television shows, documentaries, and short films for charitable organizations. Recently, Avis launched "The Ground Up Campaign" a national campaign providing indoor edible academic gardens and curriculum to over 100 classrooms.
Avis produced a public television series entitled "Lunch" for NYC Media, after the successful launch of her short documentary, "LUNCH," which was in support of Earth Day Network. Following these successes, she also produced over 40 episodes for the television show “Dylan’s Lunchbox”, which aired on NYC Media, Plum TV, and Taxi TV.
Avis is currently producing the second season of “Dylan's Lunchbox”, which will be aired on NYC Media starting this fall, and the documentary "Lunch 2: The Solutions", the sequel to "Lunch".
Avis has produced and directed hundreds of episodes and films for national and local broadcast, websites, and events. Avis was recently nominated for three New York Emmy awards and has won numerous Stevie, W3, Telly, Davey, and Aurora Awards for producing non-profit films and videos.
“It’s never been easier to shop locally for delicious produce that speaks for itself in health, taste, and environmental benefits. Here’s a cookbook that puts a megaphone to that voice!”
—Annie Novak, Founder and Director of Growing Chefs and Co-Founder and Farmer of Eagle Street Rooftop Farm, Brooklyn, NY
“A cookbook that is worthy of the locally grown produce and artisan foods it calls for.”
—Daniel Wallach, Executive Director and Founder, GreenTown Joplin and Greensburg GreenTown
“With the recipes in The Farmstand Favorites Cookbook, you can easily enhance your meals by capturing the full flavor and nutrients of fresh and local food. We can enjoy the pleasures of home-cooked meals even more when we know we’re supporting local farmers, investing in our local communities, protecting clean drinking water, and supporting working landscapes through purchases at our local farmers markets.”
—Tara Collins, Communications Director, Watershed Agricultural Council
“Lost among the local produce? The Farmstand Favorites Cookbook provides fresh ideas for transforming regional staples—from tomatoes and squash to artisanal cheeses and maple syrup—into satisfying meals.”
—Thomas Fox, author of Urban Farming
“I’m a big fan of cooking with the freshest and most nutritious foods, so it’s great to have a cookbook that not only promotes traditional foods sold at farmstands but also offers a variety of ingredients that add flavor and
—Darcy Hutzenlaub, Field Manager, Food Pantry Farm at EECO Farm, East Hampton, NY
“The Farmstand Favorites Cookbook is an extraordinary addition to personal and community library cookbook collections.”
—Midwest Book Review