Social-Emotional Learning Activities for the Elementary Grades (Paperback)
Social-Emotional Learning Activities For The Elementary Grades is a collection of the most effective instructional strategies available in helping students:
- Develop an accurate concept of who they are.
- Constructively express and control feelings.
- Accurately assess personal strengths and limitations.
- Think through the consequences of behaviors before they act.
- Successfully manage feelings, thoughts, and behaviors in a variety of situations.
- Take the perspective of others.
- Develop respect and empathy for others.
- Effectively communicate both verbally and non-verbally.
- Listen well to, and cooperate with others.
- Learn to manage conflicts pro-socially.
- Develop skills for interacting positively and productively with others.
- Learn strategies for managing stress.
All 180 pages are written and designed for clarity and ease of implementation. Each activity includes behavioral objectives, step-by-step instructions, and thought-provoking discussion questions formulated to elicit higher-level thinking in students. Many activities also include reproducible student handouts.
Engage your students in these enjoyable and effective activities to help them develop the social and emotional learning skills that will serve them throughout their lives.