Flow Architectures: The Future of Streaming and Event-Driven Integration (Paperback)
Software development today is embracing events and streaming data, which optimizes not only how technology interacts but also how businesses integrate with one another to meet customer needs. This phenomenon, called flow, consists of patterns and standards that determine which activity and related data is communicated between parties over the internet.
This book explores critical implications of that evolution: What happens when events and data streams help you discover new activity sources to enhance existing businesses or drive new markets? What technologies and architectural patterns can position your company for opportunities enabled by flow? James Urquhart, global field CTO at VMware, guides enterprise architects, software developers, and product managers through the process.
- Learn the benefits of flow dynamics when businesses, governments, and other institutions integrate via events and data streams
- Understand the value chain for flow integration through Wardley mapping visualization and promise theory modeling
- Walk through basic concepts behind today's event-driven systems marketplace
- Learn how today's integration patterns will influence the real-time events flow in the future
- Explore why companies should architect and build software today to take advantage of flow in coming years
About the Author
James Urquhart is a Global Field CTO at Pivotal Cloud Foundry. Named one of the ten most influential people in cloud computing by both the MIT Technology Review and the Huffington Post, and a former contributing author to GigaOm and CNET, Mr. Urquhart is a technologist and executive with a deep understanding of disruptive technologies and the business opportunities they afford.Mr. Urquhart brings over 25 years of experience in distributed systems development and deployment, focusing on software as a complex adaptive system, cloud native applications and platforms, and automation. Prior to joining Pivotal, Mr. Urquhart held leadership roles at AWS, SOASTA, Dell, Cisco, Cassatt, Sun and Forte Software.Mr. Urquhart graduated from Macalester College with a Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics and Physics.