Programming Aws Lambda: Build and Deploy Serverless Applications with Java (Paperback)
Serverless revolutionizes the way organizations build and deploy software. With this hands-on guide, Java engineers will learn how to use their experience in the new world of serverless computing. You'll discover how this cloud computing execution model can drastically decrease the complexity in developing and operating applications while reducing costs and time to market.
Engineering leaders John Chapin and Mike Roberts guide you through the process of developing these applications using AWS Lambda, Amazon's event-driven, serverless computing platform. You'll learn how to prepare the development environment, program Lambda functions, and deploy and operate your serverless software. The chapters include exercises to help you through each aspect of the process.
- Get an introduction to serverless, functions as a service, and AWS Lambda
- Learn how to deploy working Lambda functions to the cloud
- Program Lambda functions and learn how the Lambda platform integrates with other AWS services
- Build and package Java-based Lambda code and dependencies
- Create serverless applications by building a serverless API and data pipeline
- Test your serverless applications using automated techniques
- Apply advanced techniques to build production-ready applications
- Understand both the gotchas and new opportunities of serverless architecture
About the Author
John Chapin has over 15 years of experience as a technical executive and senior engineer. He was previously VP of Engineering, Core Services & Data Science at Intent Media, where he helped teams transform how they delivered business value through Serverless technology and Agile practices. Outside of Symphonia, he can be found running along the west side of Manhattan, surfing at Rockaway Beach, or planning his next trip abroad.Mike Roberts is an engineering leader who has called New York City home since 2006. During his career he's been an engineer, a CTO, and other fun places in-between. Mike is a long-time proponent of Agile and DevOps values and is passionate about the role that cloud technologies have played in enabling such values for many high-functioning software teams. He sees Serverless as the next evolution of cloud systems and as such is excited about its ability to help teams, and their customers, be awesome.