Salesforce Architect's Handbook: A Comprehensive End-To-End Solutions Guide (Paperback)
Take a deep dive into the architectural approach, best practices, and key considerations needed to comprehend, evaluate, and design an efficient, scalable, and sustainable Salesforce-based solution. This book takes a comprehensive look at the seven architectural domains that must be considered when architecting a Salesforce-based solution and equips you to develop the artifacts needed for an end-to-end enterprise architecture blueprint for Salesforce implementation and DevOps.
This must-have handbook helps Salesforce professionals implement and manage Salesforce in their organization. You will learn Salesforce architecture: solution architecture, data architecture, security architecture, integration architecture, identity and access management architecture, and strategies that can be used for Salesforce-based mobile applications.
In addition to the main architecture concepts, the book also offers industry best practices and the recommended framework for approaching, managing, delivering, and continuously improving a Salesforce solution using its Salesforce Development & Deployment Lifecycle.
What You Will Learn
- Get a detailed overview of the Salesforce multi-tenant, metadata-driven architectural framework and the under-the-hood technology stack that supports Salesforce
- Know the seven architecture domains, their intricacies, and the considerations needed within each when designing a Salesforce solution
- Have an architectural mindset and the artifacts needed to architect an end-to-end enterprise-level implementation of Salesforce
- Be familiar with the most common Salesforce products, licenses, AppExchange products, and the key considerations of using out-of-the-box declarative capabilities vs custom programmatic capabilities of Salesforce
- Understand data architecture design considerations that include data modeling in Salesforce, identifying and mitigating large data volume concerns, and the key considerations for data migration and data archiving strategies
- Understand security architecture considerations related to securing data within Salesforce and the various approaches to allow or restrict sharing and visibility from within Salesforce
- Understand integration architecture considerations that provide an overview of the integration patterns and the integrations solutions that can be used with Salesforce to connect Salesforce with a remote system hosted on-premises, on the cloud, or by third-party solution providers
- Understand identity and access management architectural considerations across the 9 stages of an identity and access management lifecycle
- Be aware of the strategies available to design mobile solutions with Salesforce and the options available for Salesforce mobile architecture
- Employ the principles of the DevOps & Development Lifecycle needed for an ideal state Salesforce implementation
Who This Book Is For
Professionals interested in implementing, optimizing, and architecting Salesforce solutions enterprise-wide; Salesforce implementation (SI) partners needing a detailed playbook for architecting and delivering successful Salesforce solutions; Salesforce admins, developers, and architects looking for a one-stop educational resource to mastering the Salesforce architect domains or those pursuing the Salesforce architecture domain certification exams, including the Salesforce Certified Technical Architect (CTA) board exam
About the Author
Dipanker "DJ" Jyoti is an industry veteran with over two decades of experience in managing digital transformation engagements with Fortune 500 companies. He holds a total of 23 industry certifications (13 in Salesforce), including Salesforce Certified System Architect and Salesforce Certified Architect. Some of his other architect-level certifications include AWS Certified Solutions Architect-Professional, Google Cloud Certified Professional Architect, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect, and Certified Blockchain Expert. DJ currently works for IBM as an Associate Partner, managing IBM's Global Salesforce Assets. Previous to IBM, he held executive positions at Capgemini, Accenture, and Citibank. His involvement with Salesforce began a decade ago as part of a strategic business transformation engagement, where he built a Salesforce proof of concept to demonstrate the capabilities of using a low-code/no-code CRM solution. He fell in love with Salesforce and has continued his journey to grow and share his knowledge among his peers and the cloud community. He currently manages an online blog on cloud architecture concepts (cloudmixdj). He lives with his wife, Junko, and two sons Kazuya and Ouji, in Rockville, Maryland. In his free time, he enjoys cooking for his family and watching premier-league soccer. James A. Hutcherson is a seasoned business leader with more than 40 years of technology experience. His first Salesforce project was implemented in 2004 where he started his Salesforce journey. During this time, he has taken every opportunity to grow his Salesforce knowledge. He holds 17 Salesforce certifications, including Certified Salesforce Application Architect and Certified Salesforce System Architect. He is an avid educator and has hosted several no-cost Salesforce training sessions over the last few years to give back and grow the Salesforce ecosystem.Jim is currently a Principal and the Chief Technical Architect at Capgemini Government Solutions where he leads the Salesforce Practice, delivering enterprise-class solutions to US federal government customers. He earned an MBA from Baldwin-Wallace College, an MSCIS from the University of Phoenix, and a BA from Southern Illinois University-Carbondale. He and his wife, Sherry, live in Orlando, Florida, where they enjoy spending time with their family and four wonderful grandchildren.