Dune (Dune Chronicles (Pb) #1) (Prebound)
(This book cannot be returned.)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Dune Chronicles (Pb) series.
- #2: Dune Messiah (Dune Chronicles (Pb) #2) (Prebound): Email or call for price
- #3: Children of Dune (Dune Chronicles (Pb) #3) (Prebound): Email or call for price
- #4: God Emperor of Dune (Dune Chronicles (Pb) #4) (Prebound): Email or call for price
- #5: Heretics of Dune (Dune Chronicles (Pb) #5) (Prebound): Email or call for price
- #6: Chapterhouse, Dune (Dune Chronicles (Pb) #6) (Prebound): Email or call for price
This interstellar epic follows the young Paul Atreides and his Bene Gesserit mother as they move to a new planet and enter a world of turmoil, the full extent of which they can only begin to grasp. Don't let the size of the book scare you: this is a face-paced adventure that quickly evolves from violent political sabotage into warfare between the religiously-fanatic Fremen and the power-hungry, spice-crazed Harkonnens. Covering everything from spirituality to tribalism, this book will certainly keep you on your toes!— Mckenna G., bookseller
Here, in a beautiful new hardcover edition, is the novel that to this day continues to shape modern science fiction. Set on the desert planet Arrakis, a world more awesome than any other in literature, Dune begins the story of the man known as Maud'dib -- and of a great family's plan to bring to fruition humankind's most ancient and unattainable dream.
A stunning blend of adventure, mysticism, environmentalism and politics, Dune won the first Nebula Award, shared the Hugo Award, and formed the basis of what is undoubtedly the grandest epic in science fiction. Frank Herbert's death in 1986 was a tragic loss, yet the astounding legacy of his visionary fiction will live forever.