National Geographic World Wall Map - Classic (43.5 X 30.5 In) (National Geographic Reference Map) (Not Folded)
Not currently in store. May be available on Bookshop.org.
Find us on Bookshop.org to order!
Expertly researched and designed, National Geographic's World Wall Map is the authoritative map of the world by which other reference maps are measured.
- Signature Classic style map with bright, easy to read color palette with blue oceans and colorful borders
- Background shows mountain ranges and valleys in subtle shaded relief with mountain ranges labeled
- Major water bodies including rivers, lakes, glaciers, oceans, seas, gulfs, bays, straits, and bathymetry
- Clearly defined international boundaries, cities, islands, airports, and physical features
- Thousands of place names carefully and artfully placed to maintain legibility in heavily populated areas
- Up-to-date international boundaries and territorial control reflect de facto status on the ground
- Meticulously researched using multiple authoritative sources including the U.N., U.S. Board on Geographic Names, and policies of individual governments.
- Accurate place names use a combination of conventional English names, official national names, and standard transliterations for non-Latin alphabets.
- Drawn in Winkel Tripel projection with distortions minimized unlike other World maps (e.g. Greenland is shown the same size as Argentina, not South America)
- Corner inset maps feature vegetation, land use, population density, and north and south polar regions
The map is packaged in a two inch diameter tube with a label showing a thumbnail of the map with dimensions and other pertinent information.Map Scale = 1:31,900,000Sheet Size = 43.5" x 30.5"