The Film Book, New Edition: A Complete Guide to the World of Movies (Hardcover)
On Our Shelves Now
Immerse yourself into the world of cinema and discover action-packed chases, epic journeys, and tear-jerking moments.
Get the popcorn popping and keep the movies coming! From box office hits and cult classics to romcoms and thrillers, this is your go-to guide to movies, directors, genres, styles, and just about anything else cinema.
This ultimate movie guide profiles more than 100 of the most significant films ever made and brings cinema to life in true blockbuster fashion. Discover the behind-the-scenes stories about timeless classics like Citizen Kane and The Godfather, and take a front-row seat at lavish blockbusters like Star Wars or Titanic.
This edge-of-your-seat reference book includes:
• Lists of top 10 film recommendations
• What-to-watch boxes that explore specific plotlines, scenes, and images
• Trivia sections to test your knowledge on oscar-winning movies, biggest flops, and banned films
• Explanations of complex methods of film-making in familiar, non-technical jargon
• High-resolution photography and stills allow for a deeper understanding of the nature of filmmaking
Each page of this film book takes you on a journey through the ever-changing landscape of cinema - from Hollywood to Bollywood and everything in between. It includes every film-making school from across the globe, behind-the-scenes shots, profiles of 100 influential directors, and lists dozens of the greatest movies ever made!
Lights. Camera. Action!
Whether you enjoy art films or sci-fi, going to the cinema, or watching movies on Netflix, The Film Book covers it all. It’s perfect for inspiring your next movie night!
This updated version covers the best films and directors of the last 10 years, along with new discoveries in the history of cinema since the last edition was published in 2011, making it the ultimate gift for any film buff or critic.