Body Work (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #14) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 14 in the A V.I. Warshawski Novel series.
- #4: Bitter Medicine (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #4) (Paperback): Not currently in store. May be available on Bookshop.org.
- #11: Blacklist (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #11) (Mass Market): Not currently in store. May be available on Bookshop.org.
- #12: Fire Sale (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #12) (Paperback): Not currently in store. May be available on Bookshop.org.
- #13: Hardball (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #13) (Paperback): Not currently in store. May be available on Bookshop.org.
- #15: Breakdown (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #15) (Paperback): Not currently in store. May be available on Bookshop.org.
- #16: Critical Mass (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #16) (Paperback): Not currently in store. May be available on Bookshop.org.
- #17: Brush Back (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #17) (Paperback): Not currently in store. May be available on Bookshop.org.
September 2010 Indie Next List
“V.I. Warshawski is back on the case. This investigation finds death at a local night club full of odd characters. From the artist who lets people draw art on her body to the burly thugs who hang out there and the young vets trying to keep their post-Iraq War demons at bay, Body Work is one terrific read. Highly recommended!”
— Linda Dewberry, Whodunit? Books, Olympia, WA
“V.I. Warshawski is back—intelligent, tough, sarcastic and trouble-prone as ever....Body Work isn’t just a satisfying whodunnit; it’s a rich, well-written why-dunnit, striking some surprising chords that will resonate long after you finish the final page.”—St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Chicago’s Club Gouge attracts an eclectic audience, from bohemian types to Ukranian mobsters to young men just back from the war. And tonight, V.I. Warshawski is in the crowd too. The edgy stage show stars The Body Artist, who invites audience members to draw on her naked flesh. But things get a lot edgier when a woman sketches a picture on the Body Artist—and one of the veterans flies into a drunken rage. Next thing V.I. knows, she’s cradling the woman’s dying body in an alley, and a PTSD-stricken soldier is presumed guilty. But he’s also comatose after a drug overdose, and the mystery of what exactly set him off—and what kinds of shady activities are really happening at Club Gouge—will lead V.I. to a truth as explosive as the IEDs that lurk on the roadsides of Iraq.
Bonus in this Edition: A Short Story Featuring V.I. Warshawski
About the Author
Sara Paretsky is the New York Times bestselling author of the renowned V.I. Warshawski novels. Her many awards include the Cartier Diamond Dagger Lifetime Achievement Award from the British Crime Writers' Association and the 2011 Mystery Writers of America's Grand Master Award. She lives in Chicago.
Praise for Body Work
“V. I. Warshawski is...an immensely likeable character.”—Newsday
“Warshawski presents an irresistible combination...she's like Spider-Man with a P.I. license.”—Chicago Sun-Times
“This strong outing shows why the tough, fiercely independent, dog-loving private detective continues to survive.”—Publishers Weekly (starred review)
“V.I. Warshawski is back—intelligent, tough, sarcastic and trouble-prone as ever...Body Work isn't just a satisfying whodunit; it's a rich, well-written why-dunnit.”—St. Louis Post-Dispatch
More Praise for Sara Paretsky and the V. I. Warshawski series
“Sara Paretsky’s Chicago private eye, V. I. Warshawski, is one tough cookie.”—The New York Times Book Review
“One of our genre’s crucial, solid-gold, best-ever series. Paretsky is a genius.”—Lee Child
“V.I. Warshawski is one of my all-time favorite investigators.”—Lisa Gardner
“For me, the most remarkable of the moderns is Sara Paretsky.”—P.D. James
“One of the most-loved characters in crime fiction.”—Booklist (starred review)
“No one, male or female, writes better P.I. books than Paretsky.”—The Denver Post
“Paretsky's books are beautifully paced and plotted, and the dialogue is fresh and smart...V.I. Warshawski is the most engaging woman in detective fiction.”—Newsweek