Hardball (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #13) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 13 in the A V.I. Warshawski Novel series.
- #4: Bitter Medicine (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #4) (Paperback): Email email@example.com or call for price
- #11: Blacklist (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #11) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #12: Fire Sale (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #12) (Paperback): $9.99
- #14: Body Work (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #14) (Paperback): Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call for price
- #15: Breakdown (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #15) (Paperback): $9.99
- #16: Critical Mass (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #16) (Paperback): $9.99
- #17: Brush Back (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #17) (Paperback): Email email@example.com or call for price
November 2009 Indie Next List
“In Hardball, V.I. Warshawski is asked to locate a man who went missing in 1967, and it comes as no surprise that people desperately want V.I. to leave this case alone. But when her young cousin disappears, even V.I. is astonished to discover the depths of corruption in Chicago politics and how far it taints. This multi-layered story -- part mystery, part social criticism, part glimpse into Chicago history -- will leave you amazed.”
— Angela Mann, Kepler's Books & Magazine, Menlo Park, CA
Chicago politics—past, present, and future—take center stage in this complex and compelling V.I. Warshawki novel from New York Times bestselling author Sara Peretsky.
Tracking down missing persons is part of V.I. Warshawski’s job. But Lamont Gadsden has been missing for more than forty years—last seen heading out into the 1967 blizzard, in the midst of Chicago’s racial unrest. V.I. figured the search would be futile. She didn’t realize it would be lethal...or lead to troubling discoveries about her own family. And when her young cousin Petra disappears, an angry preacher, a jailed gangbanger, and politics from both past and present interconnect—and plunge V.I. into a mystery as unsettling as the ’60s themselves.
A New York Times Notable Crime Book of the Year
One of NPR’s Top Five Crime Novels of the Year
About the Author
Sara Paretsky is the author of sixteen books, including her renowned V. I. Warshawski novels. Her many awards include the Cartier Diamond Dagger Award for lifetime achievement from the British Crime Writers' Association. She lives in Chicago.