Windy City Blues: V. I. Warshawski Stories (Mass Market)
Email or call for price.
Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
- #1: Indemnity Only: A V. I. Warshawski Novel (Mass Market): $7.99
- #2: Deadlock: A V. I. Warshawski Novel (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Killing Orders (V. I. Warshawski #3) (MP3 CD): $11.99
- #4: Bitter Medicine (V. I. Warshawski #4) (MP3 CD): $11.99
- #5: Blood Shot: A V. I. Warshawski Novel (Mass Market): $9.59
- #6: Burn Marks: A V. I. Warshawski Novel (Mass Market): $9.59
- #7: Guardian Angel: A V. I. Warshawski Novel (Mass Market): $10.79
- #8: Tunnel Vision: A V. I. Warshawski Novel (Mass Market): $10.79
- #9: Hard Time: A V. I. Warshawski Novel (Mass Market): $9.59
- #10: Total Recall: A V. I. Warshawski Novel (Mass Market): $9.59
- #11: Blacklist (Abridged / MP3 CD): Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call for price
- #12: Fire Sale (V. I. Warshawski #12) (MP3 CD): $11.99
- #14: Body Work (V. I. Warshawski #14) (Abridged / Compact Disc): $11.99
- #15: Breakdown (V. I. Warshawski #15) (Abridged / Compact Disc): $11.99
- #16: Critical Mass (V. I. Warshawski #16) (Abridged / Compact Disc): $14.39
- #17: Brush Back (Compact Disc): Email email@example.com or call for price
It’s strictly Friends & Family as V.I. Warshawski, “the detective mystery fans have been waiting for” (Time), makes return appearances in a collection of stories that bring new meaning to “ties that bind.” Decked out in her silk shirts and no-nonsense Attitude, V.I. is out to make a living—by the skin of her teeth.
In “Grace Notes,” V.I. has barely finished her morning coffee when she sees an ad in the paper asking for information about her own mother, long dead. The paper leads V.I. to her newfound Italian cousin Vico, who’s looking for music composed by their great-grandmother. What’s the score? Clearly it’s something to kill for. . . .
“The Pietro Andromache” finds V.I.’s friend Dr. Lotty Herschel with motive and means to dispatch her professional rival and steal his priceless statue. Lotty didn’t do it—but does she know who did? V.I. soon cuts to the art of the case—and it’s not a pretty picture at all!
Summoned by an old high school friend to a race “At the Old Swimming Hole,” V.I. ends up swimming with the sharks—the FBI and a ruthless gambling kingpin—in a pool of blood. . . . And it’s only “Skin Deep” when a relaxing facial transformation transforms a client into a stiff. V.I.’s pal Sal needs help. Her beautician sister Evangeline is prime suspect—and V.I. has only eighteen hours to crack the case before it’s headline news. . . .
“Three-Dot Po” proves there’s nothing like a dog. Especially a dog on the trail of her mistress’s killer, with V.I. in tow. . . .
In “Strung Out,” love means nothing and V.I.’s quick to learn the score as her old friend’s tennis-champion daughter is under suspicion for strangling her father with a racket string. And there’s more, nine stories in all, in this masterful collection of short fiction starring V.I. Warshawski, “the most engaging woman in detective fiction since Dorothy Sayers’s Harriet Vane” (Newsweek).
About the Author
Sara Paretsky is the author of many novels, including her V. I. Warshawski series, which began with Indemnity Only. She lives in Chicago.
"The Chicago writer whose name always makes the top of the list when people talk about the new female operatives." -- The New York Times Book Review
"Paretsky's work does more than turn a genre upside down: her books are beautifully paced and plotted, and the dialogue is fresh and smart." -- Newsweek
"Sara Paretsky's cult heroine is a woman's woman -- V. I. Warshawski, the funky feminist private eye . . . [V. I.] is a gumshoe for modern times." -- People
"Who is America's most convincing and engaging professional private eye? . . . V. I. Warshawski, the star of Sara Paretsky's series about white-collar crime and wall-to-wall corruption in Chicago, now clearly leads the growing field." --Entertainment Weekly