Web Scalability for Startup Engineers (Paperback)
(This book cannot be returned.)
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Design and build scalable web applications quickly
This is an invaluable roadmap for meeting the rapid demand to deliver scalable applications in a startup environment. With a focus on core concepts and best practices rather than on individual languages, platforms, or technologies, Web Scalability for Startup Engineers describes how infrastructure and software architecture work together to support a scalable environment.
You'll learn, step by step, how scalable systems work and how to solve common challenges. Helpful diagrams are included throughout, and real-world examples illustrate the concepts presented. Even if you have limited time and resources, you can successfully develop and deliver robust, scalable web applications with help from this practical guide.
- Learn the key principles of good software design required for scalable systems
- Build the front-end layer to sustain the highest levels of concurrency and request rates
- Design and develop web services, including REST-ful APIs
- Enable a horizontally scalable data layer
- Implement caching best practices
- Leverage asynchronous processing, messaging, and event-driven architecture
- Structure, index, and store data for optimized search
- Explore other aspects of scalability, such as automation, project management, and agile teams
About the Author
Artur Ejsmont is a software engineer and agile leader, currently working for Yahoo! in Sydney. He has been working with web applications for more than 10 years with a focus on agile, startup-like environments. Artur has also served as a university lecturer and he actively contributes to the tech community as a technical writer, blogger, and public speaker.